Thursday, May 16, 2013

My earliest batting video

This is not fun to watch like a Viv Richards or Chris Gayle innings, but this is the earliest batting video I have of me.  This was during our employer team's visit to Hyderabad for a tournament with sister organizations. Year was 2003 when digital cameras were yet to arrive, but video cameras were already a fancy and my team mate A.Srinivas was carrying his.  I knew he was taking some shots but did not know he was also shooting me in action.  So thanks to him, he later gave me a CD with these. 

Here it is on YouTube.  Read the description to the video also. 


Our team won the match eventually after I got out close to the target score after scoring 45 which was the highest. It was a rather scratchy innings because the ball kept moving around for many overs to cause trouble. I kept playing safe and stuck around with singles and twos while I hit the really loose ball.  Free stroke-making was difficult.  It was a slow and low pitch too. 

1 comment:

Kartick Sitaraman said...

Dear Mr. Dinakar,
I read on your blog somewhere that you intended to dispose off your cricket memorabilia and pictures. I'd very much be interested in taking them off you and would like to talk more on email. Would you kindly give me your email id so I can contact you there?
Mine is kartics@gmail.com.
Thank you sir,
Regards,
Kartick